Put Your Trust in an Attorney With a Passion for Helping People SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH OUR EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY

Marriage Visas Attorney in Greenbelt, Maryland

A marriage visa is one way to migrate to the United States. Through a marriage-based visa, U.S. citizens or green card holders may be able to bring their foreign-born spouse to the United States to marry, secure a visa, obtain a green card, and more. If you are a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident looking to help your foreign-born fiancé(e) or spouse (husband or wife) migrate to the United States, consulting with a trusted Maryland immigration attorney is crucial for proper guidance. 

At The Anyere Law Firm, LLC, our attorneys have devoted their careers to assisting and guiding clients through the complexities of immigration and marriage visas. We're available to discuss your unique challenges, enlighten you about your possible legal options, and decide the right visa to seek for your particular situation. Our skilled legal team will guide you through every phase of your marriage visa application and improve your chances of the best possible outcome. 

The Anyere Law Firm, LLC is proud to serve clients across Greenbelt, Maryland, and surrounding areas throughout Prince George's County.

Ready to Get Started? 
Contact Us 

What Is a Marriage Visa? 

A marriage-based visa is an immigration visa that allows U.S. citizens and green card holders to bring their partner to the United States and obtain a visa or green card. If you are a U.S citizen in a genuine relationship with a foreign-born citizen, here are the possible options to help your spouse or fiancé(e) migrate to the United States: 

  • Immigrant visa for a spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) 

  • Nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé(e) (K-1) 

  • Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) 

An experienced immigration law attorney can enlighten you about the benefits and risks of each marriage visa option and determine the right one for you. 

How Does a Marriage Visa
Differ from a Fiancé Visa? 

A marriage visa is an immigrant visa that allows the foreign-born spouse of a U.S citizen or green card holder to migrate to the United States. The CR-1 spousal visa is often valid for six (6) months. On arrival, you will be granted your permanent residency. Also, there is no adjustment of status required when you migrate using the marriage visa. 

Conversely, a nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé(e) is a temporary visa that allows the partner of a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident to visit the United States for a limited period. The visit will be based on the condition that they will get married to their U.S. citizen partner within the next 90 days. 

Eligibility for a Marriage Visa 

In order to qualify for a marriage-based visa, you must show that: 

  • You are legally married to a U.S. citizen or green card holder 

  • Both spouses are married to each other alone 

  • Your marriage is legitimate and not for immigration reasons 

  • Your U.S. citizen spouse has the resources to support you 

  • Your U.S. citizen spouse is domiciled in the United States 

A knowledgeable Maryland marriage visa attorney can guide you through the process involved in obtaining a marriage visa and help you navigate crucial decisions. 

Process of Obtaining a Marriage Visa 

To obtain a marriage visa, the U.S citizen spouse will do the following: 

  • File Form I-130 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Relative). 

  • Sign the application document with the necessary fees 

  • Provide the necessary documentation, such as a civil marriage certificate, evidence of legal name, and passport 

If your petition for a K-3 visa is approved, the U.S. citizen spouse will get an acknowledgment notice from the USCIS. This indicates that your application is being processed. It usually takes from 3 to 5 months to process.  

After you receive the acknowledgment notice, the U.S. citizen spouse will have to file a Petition for Alien Fiancé form. This is essential to protect the rights of your foreign-born spouse to maintain their permanent resident status.  

Once the immigration authorities process your foreign-born spouse's nonimmigrant visa, they can travel to the United States for an immigrant visa to be processed. An experienced attorney can help you submit the necessary forms and documentation. 

Work With a Knowledgeable Immigration Attorney 

Applying for a marriage visa, green card, or citizenship through marriage usually involves many complicated legal procedures. Due to the different visa categories available, you need to understand the eligibility requirements, benefits, drawbacks, and limitations of each visa option. Therefore, when applying for a marriage-based visa for your spouse, consulting with a knowledgeable immigration attorney is important. 

At The Anyere Law Firm, LLC, we have the resources to assist and guide couples through the complexities of applying for marriage-based visas. Our trusted attorney will help you understand your different legal options and determine the right one for your unique circumstances. We will help complete and submit your application forms and coach you and your partner extensively for the final immigration interview. 

Marriage Visas Attorney
Serving Greenbelt, Maryland 

If you want to get a marriage visa for your fiancé(e) or spouse, contact The Anyere Law Firm, LLC, today to schedule a consultation. Our dedicated legal team can offer you the strong advocacy, experienced legal counsel, and assistance you need to navigate key decisions. We're proud to serve clients across Greenbelt, Maryland, and surrounding areas throughout Prince George's County.